Pilates – train smart and feel better
“Pilates targets the deep postural muscles, building strength from the inside out, rebalancing the body and bringing it into correct alignment. It helps to reshape your body, which will become longer, leaner and more toned. It will also improve your posture, achieving the perfect balance between strength and flexibility, and it is a great way to relieve unwanted stress and tension.
Perfect for athletes looking to enhance their performance and minimize the risk of injury, Pilates is ideal for first-time exercises. It’s slow, controlled approach means that it gives much longer-term results. It is especially recommended by medical specialists for those with back problems.” – Body Control Pilates Official material.
Antenatal pilates – how it could help you:
- Mental and physical preparation for labour and delivery
- Overall posture improvement
- Greater awareness of body movement and breathing
- Prevention of specific joint problems caused by ligamentous laxity (e.g. lower back pain)
- Sessions can help you stay calm and relaxed